2017-2018 Welcome to Year 3
Our class teachers in Year 3 are : Mrs Heywood, Miss Varley, Mrs Khan and Mrs Culling. We also have a great support team consisting of our teaching assistants: Mrs Talbot, Mrs Mellor, Miss Begum and Miss Noshad.
Summer Term 2
Currently our English genre is Victorians.
Our Maths focus this term is:
PE takes place twice a week. Both the class teacher and Mr Jones (PE specialist teacher)follow the primary curriculum for PE.
We also have a specialist dance teacher that comes in once a week as part of the PE curriculum.
Year 3’s also attend swimming once a week as part of the PE curriculum.
Our computing topic is Internet Research and Communication. In this topic we will be:
- Understanding and applying different search techniques in a search engine.
- Understanding why word order affects the order of search results
- Saving webpages as bookmarks/favourites
- Understanding the different online communication methods
- How to stay SMART online.
The Year 3’s have been given a brain builder to complete over the summer half term. Please click on the link below to access the brain builder.